Monday, April 13, 2009

P90X Day 2 Pylometrics

Pylometrics is a killer workout. All that jumping and fast movement really got my heart rate going and worked up a serious sweat. Since I work from home and walk all day on my treadmill, I often wait until the end of the day to shower if the workout wasn't that bad. I couldn't skip the shower after this.

I was a little concerned about my back after hearing the description of the exercises but no problems so far. I took it a little easy today because I'm just getting used to the workout and some of the moves were a little awkward. But still I did work hard and haven't had to pay a price of back pain so you got to love that.

Still working at balancing my diet to take in 2400 calories 50% protien, 30% carbohydrate, and 20% fat. Not that easy to do. I feel like I'm some sort of eating machine and still haven't eaten that much (unless the calculations are off). Getting the proportions right is hard as well. I managed 2124 calories today broken down like this:
Too much fat in some of those meals; I need to switch to chicken and fish instead of turkey sausage and beef (but there were left overs to be used). Whey protein is your friend and I found/came up with two awesome treats:
  • Peanut Butter Oatmeal + Whey Protien - Saw this on youtube (and beachbody's recipe book has it) and it was awesome.
  • Yogurt + Chocolate Whey Protein + Blackberries - I was running low on energy after pylo and walking 3 miles and also low on protien. So I combined 1/2 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt, and 1 scoop chocolate protien powder. Tasted more like chocolate blackberry pudding than I expected.
Tomorrow I think I'll have my Shakeology drink 30 min before the workout with a frozen bananna mixed in and after the workout have some Almond Butter Oatmeal.

Eating like this seems almost indecent after the depravation of my previous diet. We shall see what the scales tell me on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment