Sunday, April 19, 2009

P90X Day 7: X Stretch and Week 1 Wrapup

Yesterday was the final workout of the week, X Stretch, and it was a welcome feeling for sore muscles. Over the course of 62 minutes I got all the kinks out of my muscles - some of the soreness I wasn't even aware of. I also have added to the end of every workout some back stretches I saw Tony demo on the Team Beachbody site.

Overall the week went well. I didn't "bring it" as much as I could because I was learning the routines. I've worked out a decent diet, but it has settled down to 1800 - 2400 calories a day with 2000 being comfortable and more making me feel too stuffed. The break down for the week was an average of:

Calories
Food2085
Exercise-497
Net1588
Fat62.826%
Carbohydrates158.430%
Protein238.344%

Unfortunately my weight and body fat didn't change. I'm still 172 lbs and 18% bodyfat according to my scale. So I'm either eating just enough, not eating enough (I do walk at least 4 miles a day while programming in addition to P90X), the body fat measurement lies (which I'm sure it does), or this is just a normal plateau. In any case I do feel some improvement.

Today was the first day of the second round. I got rid of my pull-up bar that just wasn't working for me (sold at a small loss to someone training to become a fireman). So I used my bands for the pull-ups until I can find a good replacement. Today I worked out much harder and used push-up stands to increase my range. By the end of the workout I was shaking and really needed the recovery drink and feel a little soreness but good.

I'll update weekly until the routine changes for the rest week or if something interesting comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment