Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pre P90X Fit Test

I just took the fitness test to see if P90X is for me and I managed to squeak by. The program recommends some minimum requirements (noted in [] below) before starting the program. Some people begin without meeting those requirements but I promised myself I'd hit them first. Here is how the test went.
  • Resting Heart Rate: 68
  • Warm Up - Did the P90 Cardio 3-4 warmup
  • Pull-Ups: 3.5 [min 3]; I just made it and they were hard. The program does give the option of using bands which I plan to do after my pull-ups fail.
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Vertical Leap: 10" [min 5"]; I've always been good at jumping
  • Rest 4 minutes
  • Push Ups: 29 [min 15]
  • Rest 4 minutes
  • Toe Touch: +7" past my toes [min -6" from being able to touch your toes]. Been out of yoga for a little while but still flexible (need to get back to the Bikram studio)
  • Rest 4 minutes
  • Wall Squat: 1:07 [min 1 minute]; tougher than I expected but I pass.
  • Rest 4 minutes
  • Bicep Curls: 15 reps @ 30 lbs [min 10 @ 20 lbs]
  • In and Outs: 33 [min 25]
  • Heart Rate Maximizer (jumping jacks 2min with sprint at end): Heart rate at end and every minute 163, 121, 106, 100, 92
Thanks P90 for getting me to the point where I could pass the test but now I'm moving on to P90X. See you tomorrow for day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment