Thursday, April 16, 2009

P90X Day 5: Legs and Back

Day five is done. It is a great leg and back workout plus the Ab Ripper X that finishes all the strength training days. The back part was mostly pull-ups and it made me realize two things. One, my pull-up tower sucks for this workout. Two I need to do more pull-ups. Maybe I'll use bands for a little while until I can get a better tower with a straight bar all the way across.

Then I rested for a little while and worked on the couch before getting up and walking almost 5 miles on my treadmill workstation. I feel just about every muscle in my core and legs when I move. Nothing is sore without motion but I do feel every time those muscles tense up. I'd say that was a successful workout then. Still, there is room for improvement as I wasn't able to do all the exercises 100% (one legged seated wall squats for example).

Diet wise was only ok. I ate 2031 calories 42% protein, 30% carbohydrates, 28% fat. The meal that killed the day was dinner from Outback - prime rib has much more fat than I thought. Tomorrow I'll definitely stick to less fat. This is the second day I took the recovery drink and it might be helping but it does eat up a good chunk of my carb allotment for the day.

Still feeling stuffed all the time and can't believe I should consume another 400 calories (which is a whole meal the way I've been eating). I'm not "bonking" (running out of energy) during the workout so I'll just go on the belief that I'm eating enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment